Feb 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
You came over in a big trade, sucked eggs, played worse defense than anyone thought and then you got suspended 50 games for PEDs. You show up for spring training in what is basically your make or break year. If that’s you, you’re doing so in great shape, right? You’re busting your hump to stay on the major league club and make a good impression and do everything you can to be a part of your team’s future, right?
“I gained a lot of weight in my country,” said Montero. “So, now, I’m on a program to lose weight. I’m working really hard to get my weight back. I wasn’t doing nothing (after finishing winter ball), just eating.”
He’s starting spring training on a weight-loss program. What a freakin’ disaster area.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)