Feb 12, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
You came over in a big trade, sucked eggs, played worse defense than anyone thought and then you got suspended 50 games for PEDs. You show up for spring training in what is basically your make or break year. If that’s you, you’re doing so in great shape, right? You’re busting your hump to stay on the major league club and make a good impression and do everything you can to be a part of your team’s future, right?
“I gained a lot of weight in my country,” said Montero. “So, now, I’m on a program to lose weight. I’m working really hard to get my weight back. I wasn’t doing nothing (after finishing winter ball), just eating.”
He’s starting spring training on a weight-loss program. What a freakin’ disaster area.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)