Feb 12, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
After missing out on A.J. Burnett the Orioles “remain interested” in first baseman/designated hitter Kendrys Morales and “continue to be in contact with his reps,” according to Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun.
Baltimore has collected some designated hitter options like Nolan Reimold, Delmon Young, and Henry Urrutia, but the Orioles could definitely find room in the lineup for Morales as long as they don’t mind parting with a draft pick to sign him.
Last season the switch-hitter batted .277 with 23 homers and a .785 OPS in 156 games for the Mariners and Morales had similar overall numbers for the Angels in 2012.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)