Feb 12, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
After missing out on A.J. Burnett the Orioles “remain interested” in first baseman/designated hitter Kendrys Morales and “continue to be in contact with his reps,” according to Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun.
Baltimore has collected some designated hitter options like Nolan Reimold, Delmon Young, and Henry Urrutia, but the Orioles could definitely find room in the lineup for Morales as long as they don’t mind parting with a draft pick to sign him.
Last season the switch-hitter batted .277 with 23 homers and a .785 OPS in 156 games for the Mariners and Morales had similar overall numbers for the Angels in 2012.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)