Feb 12, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just announced that Tigers minor league catcher Ronny Paulino — who has played in the bigs for the Pirates, Marlins, Mets and Orioles — has been suspended for 100 games.
The reason: “testing positive for exogenous Testosterone.” Second offense. Lucky for him that baseball caught him in a test. If they hadn’t and someone just dropped the dime on him he’d get 200 games or something. At least that’s what recent precedent has led me to believe.
Also, a rookie leaguer for the Mariners — Cavan Cohoes — got 50 games for testing positive for Stanozolol and for “a substance related to the anabolic androgenic steroid Stenbolone (Methylstenbolone).” Under the A-Rod decision the two different substances at once would get him 100 games. Not here though because, you know, consistency matters.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 14
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 21
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)