Feb 12, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just announced that Tigers minor league catcher Ronny Paulino — who has played in the bigs for the Pirates, Marlins, Mets and Orioles — has been suspended for 100 games.
The reason: “testing positive for exogenous Testosterone.” Second offense. Lucky for him that baseball caught him in a test. If they hadn’t and someone just dropped the dime on him he’d get 200 games or something. At least that’s what recent precedent has led me to believe.
Also, a rookie leaguer for the Mariners — Cavan Cohoes — got 50 games for testing positive for Stanozolol and for “a substance related to the anabolic androgenic steroid Stenbolone (Methylstenbolone).” Under the A-Rod decision the two different substances at once would get him 100 games. Not here though because, you know, consistency matters.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)