Feb 12, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just announced that Tigers minor league catcher Ronny Paulino — who has played in the bigs for the Pirates, Marlins, Mets and Orioles — has been suspended for 100 games.
The reason: “testing positive for exogenous Testosterone.” Second offense. Lucky for him that baseball caught him in a test. If they hadn’t and someone just dropped the dime on him he’d get 200 games or something. At least that’s what recent precedent has led me to believe.
Also, a rookie leaguer for the Mariners — Cavan Cohoes — got 50 games for testing positive for Stanozolol and for “a substance related to the anabolic androgenic steroid Stenbolone (Methylstenbolone).” Under the A-Rod decision the two different substances at once would get him 100 games. Not here though because, you know, consistency matters.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (126)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)