Feb 12, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just announced that Tigers minor league catcher Ronny Paulino — who has played in the bigs for the Pirates, Marlins, Mets and Orioles — has been suspended for 100 games.
The reason: “testing positive for exogenous Testosterone.” Second offense. Lucky for him that baseball caught him in a test. If they hadn’t and someone just dropped the dime on him he’d get 200 games or something. At least that’s what recent precedent has led me to believe.
Also, a rookie leaguer for the Mariners — Cavan Cohoes — got 50 games for testing positive for Stanozolol and for “a substance related to the anabolic androgenic steroid Stenbolone (Methylstenbolone).” Under the A-Rod decision the two different substances at once would get him 100 games. Not here though because, you know, consistency matters.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)