Feb 12, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just announced that Tigers minor league catcher Ronny Paulino — who has played in the bigs for the Pirates, Marlins, Mets and Orioles — has been suspended for 100 games.
The reason: “testing positive for exogenous Testosterone.” Second offense. Lucky for him that baseball caught him in a test. If they hadn’t and someone just dropped the dime on him he’d get 200 games or something. At least that’s what recent precedent has led me to believe.
Also, a rookie leaguer for the Mariners — Cavan Cohoes — got 50 games for testing positive for Stanozolol and for “a substance related to the anabolic androgenic steroid Stenbolone (Methylstenbolone).” Under the A-Rod decision the two different substances at once would get him 100 games. Not here though because, you know, consistency matters.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)