Feb 12, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
The Cleveland Indians made an organizational depth move, signing Kyle Davies to a minor league deal with no major league spring training invite.
Davies is 30 now. He’s had big league stints with the Braves and Royals. He made 12 starts in the Twins’ minor league system last season while recovering from shoulder surgery. If he’s making big league starts for the Tribe this year, something has gone wrong. But I’ll say hello to him here in Columbus for you if you’d like.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)