Feb 12, 2014, 11:35 AM EST
The Cleveland Indians made an organizational depth move, signing Kyle Davies to a minor league deal with no major league spring training invite.
Davies is 30 now. He’s had big league stints with the Braves and Royals. He made 12 starts in the Twins’ minor league system last season while recovering from shoulder surgery. If he’s making big league starts for the Tribe this year, something has gone wrong. But I’ll say hello to him here in Columbus for you if you’d like.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 111
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (115)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)