Feb 12, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
The Cleveland Indians made an organizational depth move, signing Kyle Davies to a minor league deal with no major league spring training invite.
Davies is 30 now. He’s had big league stints with the Braves and Royals. He made 12 starts in the Twins’ minor league system last season while recovering from shoulder surgery. If he’s making big league starts for the Tribe this year, something has gone wrong. But I’ll say hello to him here in Columbus for you if you’d like.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17