Feb 12, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
The Cleveland Indians made an organizational depth move, signing Kyle Davies to a minor league deal with no major league spring training invite.
Davies is 30 now. He’s had big league stints with the Braves and Royals. He made 12 starts in the Twins’ minor league system last season while recovering from shoulder surgery. If he’s making big league starts for the Tribe this year, something has gone wrong. But I’ll say hello to him here in Columbus for you if you’d like.
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 9
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 79
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)