Feb 12, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
The Cleveland Indians made an organizational depth move, signing Kyle Davies to a minor league deal with no major league spring training invite.
Davies is 30 now. He’s had big league stints with the Braves and Royals. He made 12 starts in the Twins’ minor league system last season while recovering from shoulder surgery. If he’s making big league starts for the Tribe this year, something has gone wrong. But I’ll say hello to him here in Columbus for you if you’d like.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)