Feb 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Gaudin would have earned $750,000 if he made the Opening Day roster out of spring training after throwing 97 innings with a 3.06 ERA for the Giants at age 30. However, he missed time with carpal tunnel syndrome that required surgery, which is presumably the cause of the failed physical now.
At the time of the signing Gaudin was linked to a handful of teams, so it’s possible he’ll be able to land a similar contract elsewhere.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 63
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)