Feb 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Gaudin would have earned $750,000 if he made the Opening Day roster out of spring training after throwing 97 innings with a 3.06 ERA for the Giants at age 30. However, he missed time with carpal tunnel syndrome that required surgery, which is presumably the cause of the failed physical now.
At the time of the signing Gaudin was linked to a handful of teams, so it’s possible he’ll be able to land a similar contract elsewhere.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)