Feb 13, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Gaudin would have earned $750,000 if he made the Opening Day roster out of spring training after throwing 97 innings with a 3.06 ERA for the Giants at age 30. However, he missed time with carpal tunnel syndrome that required surgery, which is presumably the cause of the failed physical now.
At the time of the signing Gaudin was linked to a handful of teams, so it’s possible he’ll be able to land a similar contract elsewhere.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)