Feb 13, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
We learned this morning that former major league player and manager Jim Fregosi suffered a stroke last weekend during a Major League Baseball alumni cruise and now Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that he has been taken off life support in a Miami hospital.
This is a clarification of an earlier report from DiGiovanna, as he was told by Dennis Gilbert that Fregosi had passed away. However, that information was premature. I posted the news of the initial report here at HardballTalk and I sincerely apologize for the error.
Keep fighting, Jim.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)