Feb 13, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
We learned this morning that former major league player and manager Jim Fregosi suffered a stroke last weekend during a Major League Baseball alumni cruise and now Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that he has been taken off life support in a Miami hospital.
This is a clarification of an earlier report from DiGiovanna, as he was told by Dennis Gilbert that Fregosi had passed away. However, that information was premature. I posted the news of the initial report here at HardballTalk and I sincerely apologize for the error.
Keep fighting, Jim.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)