Feb 13, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
We learned this morning that former major league player and manager Jim Fregosi suffered a stroke last weekend during a Major League Baseball alumni cruise and now Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that he has been taken off life support in a Miami hospital.
This is a clarification of an earlier report from DiGiovanna, as he was told by Dennis Gilbert that Fregosi had passed away. However, that information was premature. I posted the news of the initial report here at HardballTalk and I sincerely apologize for the error.
Keep fighting, Jim.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 97
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39