Feb 13, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Spring training has started off with a freakin’ whimper for the Mariners. Yesterday it was announced that Hisashi Iwakuma would miss 4-6 weeks with a finger injury. Today: Taijuan Walker is said to be suffering shoulder soreness which will be limit him early in camp.
Walker debuted last summer and is expected to be a big part of the Mariners’ rotation this year. That the bigger part — Iwakuma — is already down means this setback for Walker is doubly painful.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 161
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (161)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)