Feb 13, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Spring training has started off with a freakin’ whimper for the Mariners. Yesterday it was announced that Hisashi Iwakuma would miss 4-6 weeks with a finger injury. Today: Taijuan Walker is said to be suffering shoulder soreness which will be limit him early in camp.
Walker debuted last summer and is expected to be a big part of the Mariners’ rotation this year. That the bigger part — Iwakuma — is already down means this setback for Walker is doubly painful.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)