Feb 13, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Spring training has started off with a freakin’ whimper for the Mariners. Yesterday it was announced that Hisashi Iwakuma would miss 4-6 weeks with a finger injury. Today: Taijuan Walker is said to be suffering shoulder soreness which will be limit him early in camp.
Walker debuted last summer and is expected to be a big part of the Mariners’ rotation this year. That the bigger part — Iwakuma — is already down means this setback for Walker is doubly painful.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 9
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 23
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 14
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)