Feb 13, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Yoon was the 2011 MVP of the Korean Baseball Organization. He is purported to have a 93 m.p.h. fastball, a hard slider and what scouts say is an above-average change. In 172 1/3 innings this past season he had 178 strikeouts and a 2.45 ERA. Of course, that was in the KBO, and that does not profile as even a Triple-A level league. It’s sort of hard, therefore, to gauge how he’ll do here.
He has been both a starter and a reliever, but it’s not clear how the O’s plan to use him. They may not even know yet.
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 54
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 23
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 26
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 23
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)