Feb 14, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Braves minor league catcher Orrin Sears has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for metabolites of Methandienone, reports David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. His suspension will start at the beginning of the 2014 minor league season.
The Braves selected Sears in the 24th round of last year’s draft. The 22-year-old hit .247 in 89 plate appearances in the Gulf Coast League.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 10
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 156
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39