Feb 14, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
He underwent surgery today and the team says he’s expected to be sidelined for at least 10 days. If that’s an accurate return timetable Latos would have plenty of time to be ready for Opening Day, but obviously setbacks are possible with a mid-February knee surgery and … well, that seems pretty optimistic.
Latos, who’s started at least 31 games in each of his four full seasons in the majors and tossed a career-high 210 innings last year, previously underwent surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow in October.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)