Feb 14, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
He underwent surgery today and the team says he’s expected to be sidelined for at least 10 days. If that’s an accurate return timetable Latos would have plenty of time to be ready for Opening Day, but obviously setbacks are possible with a mid-February knee surgery and … well, that seems pretty optimistic.
Latos, who’s started at least 31 games in each of his four full seasons in the majors and tossed a career-high 210 innings last year, previously underwent surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow in October.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 329
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (329)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)