Feb 14, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
He underwent surgery today and the team says he’s expected to be sidelined for at least 10 days. If that’s an accurate return timetable Latos would have plenty of time to be ready for Opening Day, but obviously setbacks are possible with a mid-February knee surgery and … well, that seems pretty optimistic.
Latos, who’s started at least 31 games in each of his four full seasons in the majors and tossed a career-high 210 innings last year, previously underwent surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow in October.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 38
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)