Feb 14, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
He underwent surgery today and the team says he’s expected to be sidelined for at least 10 days. If that’s an accurate return timetable Latos would have plenty of time to be ready for Opening Day, but obviously setbacks are possible with a mid-February knee surgery and … well, that seems pretty optimistic.
Latos, who’s started at least 31 games in each of his four full seasons in the majors and tossed a career-high 210 innings last year, previously underwent surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow in October.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 88
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8