Feb 14, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
He underwent surgery today and the team says he’s expected to be sidelined for at least 10 days. If that’s an accurate return timetable Latos would have plenty of time to be ready for Opening Day, but obviously setbacks are possible with a mid-February knee surgery and … well, that seems pretty optimistic.
Latos, who’s started at least 31 games in each of his four full seasons in the majors and tossed a career-high 210 innings last year, previously underwent surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow in October.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 0
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 23
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 45
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)