Feb 15, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Bonifacio hit free agency earlier this week after he was designated for assignment by the Royals. He went unclaimed on waivers because of his $3.5 million salary, but he was expected to sign elsewhere quickly.
Bonifacio lands in a pretty good situation with Chicago, as they have questions in the outfield and at third base. It would be no surprise if the speedster ends up with significant playing time, at least initially.
Bonifacio turns 29 in May and hit .243/.295/.331 with three home runs, 31 RBI, and 28 stolen bases in 136 games last year between the Blue Jays and Royals.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)