Feb 15, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Bonifacio hit free agency earlier this week after he was designated for assignment by the Royals. He went unclaimed on waivers because of his $3.5 million salary, but he was expected to sign elsewhere quickly.
Bonifacio lands in a pretty good situation with Chicago, as they have questions in the outfield and at third base. It would be no surprise if the speedster ends up with significant playing time, at least initially.
Bonifacio turns 29 in May and hit .243/.295/.331 with three home runs, 31 RBI, and 28 stolen bases in 136 games last year between the Blue Jays and Royals.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)