Feb 15, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Bonifacio hit free agency earlier this week after he was designated for assignment by the Royals. He went unclaimed on waivers because of his $3.5 million salary, but he was expected to sign elsewhere quickly.
Bonifacio lands in a pretty good situation with Chicago, as they have questions in the outfield and at third base. It would be no surprise if the speedster ends up with significant playing time, at least initially.
Bonifacio turns 29 in May and hit .243/.295/.331 with three home runs, 31 RBI, and 28 stolen bases in 136 games last year between the Blue Jays and Royals.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)