Feb 15, 2014, 1:31 PM EST
Harang was technically with four organizations last year, but he spent the majority of his time with the Mariners, posting a 5.76 ERA and 87/28 K/BB ratio over 120 1/3 innings over 22 starts. The 35-year-old was released in August and soon latched on with the Mets, where he posted a 3.52 ERA and 26/12 K/BB ratio across four starts.
Harang doesn’t get as many swings and misses as he used to and he’s still a fly ball pitcher, but he can eat up some innings in the backend of a rotation. He’ll give Cleveland some depth this spring.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27