Feb 15, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
Harang was technically with four organizations last year, but he spent the majority of his time with the Mariners, posting a 5.76 ERA and 87/28 K/BB ratio over 120 1/3 innings over 22 starts. The 35-year-old was released in August and soon latched on with the Mets, where he posted a 3.52 ERA and 26/12 K/BB ratio across four starts.
Harang doesn’t get as many swings and misses as he used to and he’s still a fly ball pitcher, but he can eat up some innings in the backend of a rotation. He’ll give Cleveland some depth this spring.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)