Feb 15, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
Harang was technically with four organizations last year, but he spent the majority of his time with the Mariners, posting a 5.76 ERA and 87/28 K/BB ratio over 120 1/3 innings over 22 starts. The 35-year-old was released in August and soon latched on with the Mets, where he posted a 3.52 ERA and 26/12 K/BB ratio across four starts.
Harang doesn’t get as many swings and misses as he used to and he’s still a fly ball pitcher, but he can eat up some innings in the backend of a rotation. He’ll give Cleveland some depth this spring.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 14
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)