Feb 15, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Tomlin, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, requested $975,000 and was offered $800,000 from the Indians when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The 29-year-old had a tough case after missing nearly the entire 2013 season while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery and the three-personal panel of arbitrators ultimately ruled on the side of the team.
There have been three arbitration hearings in MLB so far this winter. The Indians have two victories (with Tomlin and Vinnie Pestano) while right-hander Andrew Cashner won his hearing against the Padres.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)