Feb 15, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Tomlin, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, requested $975,000 and was offered $800,000 from the Indians when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The 29-year-old had a tough case after missing nearly the entire 2013 season while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery and the three-personal panel of arbitrators ultimately ruled on the side of the team.
There have been three arbitration hearings in MLB so far this winter. The Indians have two victories (with Tomlin and Vinnie Pestano) while right-hander Andrew Cashner won his hearing against the Padres.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 7
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)