Feb 15, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Tomlin, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, requested $975,000 and was offered $800,000 from the Indians when arbitration figures were exchanged last month. The 29-year-old had a tough case after missing nearly the entire 2013 season while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery and the three-personal panel of arbitrators ultimately ruled on the side of the team.
There have been three arbitration hearings in MLB so far this winter. The Indians have two victories (with Tomlin and Vinnie Pestano) while right-hander Andrew Cashner won his hearing against the Padres.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)