Feb 15, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Angels pitcher Mark Mulder cannot catch a break. He repeatedly dealt with issues in his left shoulder, undergoing surgery multiple times before calling it quits in 2008. After a five-year layoff, Mulder felt well enough to attempt to revive his Major League career. He was confident and motivated, and the Angels were impressed by what they saw early on.
Unfortunately, Mulder has more adversity to deal with. Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times reports that he ruptured his Achilles tendon while doing agility drills prior to a bullpen session. The injury is very serious and ends his comeback attempt with the Angels. You can’t help but feel sorry for the guy.
Update: Mulder tweeted about his injury.
I can handle this. But seeing my son in tears when he saw me in a boot and crutches and I told him I wasn’t going to pitch. That was tough.
— Mark Mulder (@markmulder20) February 15, 2014
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15