Feb 16, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler said he generally gained weight in the offseason to prepare for the heat of Texas. Reported 10 pounds lighter this season.
— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) February 16, 2014
Kinsler was traded to the Tigers in late November for first baseman Prince Fielder and cash.
The 31-year-old second baseman hit .277/.344/.413 last season with 13 homers and 15 steals.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 12
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 4
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 49
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 39
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)