Feb 16, 2014, 12:01 PM EST
Ian Kinsler said he generally gained weight in the offseason to prepare for the heat of Texas. Reported 10 pounds lighter this season.
— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) February 16, 2014
Kinsler was traded to the Tigers in late November for first baseman Prince Fielder and cash.
The 31-year-old second baseman hit .277/.344/.413 last season with 13 homers and 15 steals.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)