Feb 16, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler said he generally gained weight in the offseason to prepare for the heat of Texas. Reported 10 pounds lighter this season.
— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) February 16, 2014
Kinsler was traded to the Tigers in late November for first baseman Prince Fielder and cash.
The 31-year-old second baseman hit .277/.344/.413 last season with 13 homers and 15 steals.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 38
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 18
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 45
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 33
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (123)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)