Feb 16, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Ian Kinsler said he generally gained weight in the offseason to prepare for the heat of Texas. Reported 10 pounds lighter this season.
— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) February 16, 2014
Kinsler was traded to the Tigers in late November for first baseman Prince Fielder and cash.
The 31-year-old second baseman hit .277/.344/.413 last season with 13 homers and 15 steals.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 0
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)