Feb 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
More, from Andro:
Darvish told members of the Japanese media that his hip discomfort came to an end in the middle of January when he was told by his trainer to quit lifting heavy weights. He’s been pain-free since then.
Darvish dealt with nerve irritation in his lower back, requiring a stint on the 15-day disabled list and hampering his effectiveness towards the end of September. He is feeling good now, however, and isn’t expected to have any problems as spring training progresses. This is welcome news for the Rangers, who lost Derek Holland in January due to a freak knee injury.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59