Feb 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
More, from Andro:
Darvish told members of the Japanese media that his hip discomfort came to an end in the middle of January when he was told by his trainer to quit lifting heavy weights. He’s been pain-free since then.
Darvish dealt with nerve irritation in his lower back, requiring a stint on the 15-day disabled list and hampering his effectiveness towards the end of September. He is feeling good now, however, and isn’t expected to have any problems as spring training progresses. This is welcome news for the Rangers, who lost Derek Holland in January due to a freak knee injury.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)