Feb 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
More, from Andro:
Darvish told members of the Japanese media that his hip discomfort came to an end in the middle of January when he was told by his trainer to quit lifting heavy weights. He’s been pain-free since then.
Darvish dealt with nerve irritation in his lower back, requiring a stint on the 15-day disabled list and hampering his effectiveness towards the end of September. He is feeling good now, however, and isn’t expected to have any problems as spring training progresses. This is welcome news for the Rangers, who lost Derek Holland in January due to a freak knee injury.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47