Feb 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
More, from Andro:
Darvish told members of the Japanese media that his hip discomfort came to an end in the middle of January when he was told by his trainer to quit lifting heavy weights. He’s been pain-free since then.
Darvish dealt with nerve irritation in his lower back, requiring a stint on the 15-day disabled list and hampering his effectiveness towards the end of September. He is feeling good now, however, and isn’t expected to have any problems as spring training progresses. This is welcome news for the Rangers, who lost Derek Holland in January due to a freak knee injury.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)