Feb 17, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Jesse Spector of The Sporting News is gonna save you a lot of time. He has put together every single possible spring training story together in one location. Except he has taken out all the teams and player names and put them in Mad Libs form.
It’s a joke, sure. But it’s also spot-on. It’s my job to read just about every baseball churned out by major media and by the time I read this thing a few minutes ago I had already read a good dozen of real stories that closely hew to the format Spector defines.
And yes, BSOHL is in there too. Because of course it is.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)