Feb 17, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Jesse Spector of The Sporting News is gonna save you a lot of time. He has put together every single possible spring training story together in one location. Except he has taken out all the teams and player names and put them in Mad Libs form.
It’s a joke, sure. But it’s also spot-on. It’s my job to read just about every baseball churned out by major media and by the time I read this thing a few minutes ago I had already read a good dozen of real stories that closely hew to the format Spector defines.
And yes, BSOHL is in there too. Because of course it is.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 53
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 90
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (90)