Feb 17, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Florimon woke up in the middle of the night with discomfort in his right side and was taken to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with appendicitis. The good news is that his appendix did not burst, so he was able to have arthroscopic surgery, which greatly reduces the expected recovery time.
Florimon, 27, hit .221/.281/.330 with nine home runs, 44 RBI, and 15 stolen bases in 134 games last season. He’s expected to serve as the starting shortstop for Minnesota again this year.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)