Feb 17, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Florimon woke up in the middle of the night with discomfort in his right side and was taken to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with appendicitis. The good news is that his appendix did not burst, so he was able to have arthroscopic surgery, which greatly reduces the expected recovery time.
Florimon, 27, hit .221/.281/.330 with nine home runs, 44 RBI, and 15 stolen bases in 134 games last season. He’s expected to serve as the starting shortstop for Minnesota again this year.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)