Feb 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
We have an early front-runner for this year’s version of Casper Wells.
The Royals announced this afternoon that they claimed outfielder Jimmy Paredes off waivers from the Orioles. This is his third organization in the past two weeks.
Paredes’ journey began last November when the Marlins claimed him off waivers from the Astros. He was designated for assignment 10 days ago and claimed off waivers by the Orioles on Saturday, but he was only with the organization for less than 48 hours. He’ll enter Royals’ camp out of options, so he would have to be exposed to waivers if he doesn’t make the team out of spring training. In other words, maybe he shouldn’t get too comfortable.
Paredes, a 25-year-old switch-hitter, owns a .234/.274/.311 batting line over 118 games in the majors.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)