Feb 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
We have an early front-runner for this year’s version of Casper Wells.
The Royals announced this afternoon that they claimed outfielder Jimmy Paredes off waivers from the Orioles. This is his third organization in the past two weeks.
Paredes’ journey began last November when the Marlins claimed him off waivers from the Astros. He was designated for assignment 10 days ago and claimed off waivers by the Orioles on Saturday, but he was only with the organization for less than 48 hours. He’ll enter Royals’ camp out of options, so he would have to be exposed to waivers if he doesn’t make the team out of spring training. In other words, maybe he shouldn’t get too comfortable.
Paredes, a 25-year-old switch-hitter, owns a .234/.274/.311 batting line over 118 games in the majors.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)