Feb 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
We have an early front-runner for this year’s version of Casper Wells.
The Royals announced this afternoon that they claimed outfielder Jimmy Paredes off waivers from the Orioles. This is his third organization in the past two weeks.
Paredes’ journey began last November when the Marlins claimed him off waivers from the Astros. He was designated for assignment 10 days ago and claimed off waivers by the Orioles on Saturday, but he was only with the organization for less than 48 hours. He’ll enter Royals’ camp out of options, so he would have to be exposed to waivers if he doesn’t make the team out of spring training. In other words, maybe he shouldn’t get too comfortable.
Paredes, a 25-year-old switch-hitter, owns a .234/.274/.311 batting line over 118 games in the majors.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)