Feb 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
We have an early front-runner for this year’s version of Casper Wells.
The Royals announced this afternoon that they claimed outfielder Jimmy Paredes off waivers from the Orioles. This is his third organization in the past two weeks.
Paredes’ journey began last November when the Marlins claimed him off waivers from the Astros. He was designated for assignment 10 days ago and claimed off waivers by the Orioles on Saturday, but he was only with the organization for less than 48 hours. He’ll enter Royals’ camp out of options, so he would have to be exposed to waivers if he doesn’t make the team out of spring training. In other words, maybe he shouldn’t get too comfortable.
Paredes, a 25-year-old switch-hitter, owns a .234/.274/.311 batting line over 118 games in the majors.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)