Feb 17, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Orioles backed out of a major league contract with outfielder Tyler Colvin last month after concerns about his back emerged during a pre-signing physical, but Troy Renck of the Denver Post hears that there’s a “good chance” that the two sides end up agreeing to a deal after all.
After the Orioles nixed the deal with Colvin, it was reported that they were still willing to sign him to a minor league contract. His market has apparently suffered enough damage where he’s now willing to take them up on their offer.
Colvin, 28, spent most of last season in Triple-A and hit .160/.192/.280 with three homers in 27 games with the Rockies. Coming off a year like that, it’s surprising that a major league deal was on the table in the first place.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 8
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)