Feb 17, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Orioles backed out of a major league contract with outfielder Tyler Colvin last month after concerns about his back emerged during a pre-signing physical, but Troy Renck of the Denver Post hears that there’s a “good chance” that the two sides end up agreeing to a deal after all.
After the Orioles nixed the deal with Colvin, it was reported that they were still willing to sign him to a minor league contract. His market has apparently suffered enough damage where he’s now willing to take them up on their offer.
Colvin, 28, spent most of last season in Triple-A and hit .160/.192/.280 with three homers in 27 games with the Rockies. Coming off a year like that, it’s surprising that a major league deal was on the table in the first place.
Aug 21, 2014, 9:51 PM EDT
Impending free agent Michael Cuddyer will almost certainly finish his season in a Rockies uniform.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Castillo could reportedly make his decision this weekend.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 6:57 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
But not the best among major league starters this season.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:42 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
A Tigers pitcher has dodged a major legal bullet.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
One unearned run was all he allowed against his old mates. Tough way to lose.
Aug 21, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
That’s kind of the whole story, but there’s nothing else going on right now.
Aug 21, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
It’s better than no baseball in November, right?
Aug 21, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
A nine game winning streak and a bunch of walkoff wins. Do they have a weakness right now?
Aug 21, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Aug 21, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
The Cubs have their grounds crew’s back.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 3
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)