Feb 18, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Ben Badler of Baseball America brings us word of an incredible brawl at a ballgame in Cuba last night. A guy charged the mound with a bat and started swinging. And it wasn’t even the batter who was hit. It was just a dude from the dugout who grabbed a bat and charged out.
Badler explains who the participants are and what led up to it. The pitcher plays for the Cuban national team and pitched in the WBC. The guy who got hit is a hot young prospect.
Fun — and quite scary — times.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 2
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)