Feb 18, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Ben Badler of Baseball America brings us word of an incredible brawl at a ballgame in Cuba last night. A guy charged the mound with a bat and started swinging. And it wasn’t even the batter who was hit. It was just a dude from the dugout who grabbed a bat and charged out.
Badler explains who the participants are and what led up to it. The pitcher plays for the Cuban national team and pitched in the WBC. The guy who got hit is a hot young prospect.
Fun — and quite scary — times.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)