Feb 18, 2014, 11:31 AM EST
Ben Badler of Baseball America brings us word of an incredible brawl at a ballgame in Cuba last night. A guy charged the mound with a bat and started swinging. And it wasn’t even the batter who was hit. It was just a dude from the dugout who grabbed a bat and charged out.
Badler explains who the participants are and what led up to it. The pitcher plays for the Cuban national team and pitched in the WBC. The guy who got hit is a hot young prospect.
Fun — and quite scary — times.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)