Feb 18, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Ben Badler of Baseball America brings us word of an incredible brawl at a ballgame in Cuba last night. A guy charged the mound with a bat and started swinging. And it wasn’t even the batter who was hit. It was just a dude from the dugout who grabbed a bat and charged out.
Badler explains who the participants are and what led up to it. The pitcher plays for the Cuban national team and pitched in the WBC. The guy who got hit is a hot young prospect.
Fun — and quite scary — times.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)