Feb 18, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
Ben Badler of Baseball America brings us word of an incredible brawl at a ballgame in Cuba last night. A guy charged the mound with a bat and started swinging. And it wasn’t even the batter who was hit. It was just a dude from the dugout who grabbed a bat and charged out.
Badler explains who the participants are and what led up to it. The pitcher plays for the Cuban national team and pitched in the WBC. The guy who got hit is a hot young prospect.
Fun — and quite scary — times.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 8
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 55
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 50
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 46
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)