Feb 18, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Huge news from Marlins camp, where manager Mike Redmond announced that players are now allowed to grow beards as long as they keep them nice and neat:
This year, we’re going to let them have beards, but they have to keep it trimmed up. And the hair, too. We just don’t want it to be sloppy, I guess. You can have a beard now. We’re just always adjusting.
Gonna be a wild year in Miami.
(Note: Thankfully the NBC facial hair policy is non-existent, because I have a lot of ugly face to hide.)
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105