Feb 18, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Huge news from Marlins camp, where manager Mike Redmond announced that players are now allowed to grow beards as long as they keep them nice and neat:
This year, we’re going to let them have beards, but they have to keep it trimmed up. And the hair, too. We just don’t want it to be sloppy, I guess. You can have a beard now. We’re just always adjusting.
Gonna be a wild year in Miami.
(Note: Thankfully the NBC facial hair policy is non-existent, because I have a lot of ugly face to hide.)
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 9
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 45
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86