Manny Ramirez hires a new agent for some reason

Feb 18, 2014, 9:47 AM EDT

This is absolutely adorable:

I know Ramirez gets quoted as saying he wants to play every now and again, but I figured that was just talk.

Besides, if he played again there’s a non-zero chance that he’d get a lucky dinger and that would ruin his 555 career home runs stat line. 555 is a nice number.

1. Ayana Rashed - Feb 18, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Reblogged this on Imarashed.

2. tfbuckfutter - Feb 18, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Hey, me and Manny Ramirez have the same agent!

I wonder if he saw the ad on the back of a bus too.

3. favrewillplay4ever - Feb 18, 2014 at 10:02 AM

555 is a great accomplishment.. But imagine how much better he could have been if not for the numerous lapses in “Manny being Manny”.

4. pinkfloydprism - Feb 18, 2014 at 10:10 AM

You mean 555*.

5. chip56 - Feb 18, 2014 at 10:27 AM

My guess is that there’s some sort of Sugarland Skeeters/Long Island Ducks team out there that would absolutely love to sign Manny and Alex to play for them this year and try to get Roger to pitch.

That would be fascinating.

• stex52 - Feb 18, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I’m guessing Sugarland is out on this one. There is no local interest in Manny. Kazmir, Clemens, McGrady? Sure. Those’ll sell some tickets. No Texas connection for Manny. Which, by the way, suits me just fine.

• chip56 - Feb 18, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Manny and Alex would have some drawing interest with the Newark Bears or Long Island Ducks.

6. yordo - Feb 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Someone please have pity on this poor man and invite him to spring training.

7. jwbiii - Feb 18, 2014 at 12:29 PM

555 is one of the worst movies ever made. That it featured a friend of mine is irrelevant.

• nothanksimdriving123 - Feb 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM

WHAT!!?? Your taste is beyond horrible. Do you know NOTHING about fine cinema? For one thing, that was easily Temple Mead’s greatest performance in any movie!! That she was so callously snubbed at Oscar time was obviously a conspiracy!
      Well, OK, I’d never heard of it, but I had to click your link and expand my education. Actually laughed out loud to see that no one in the entire cast was well known enough to have a photo by their name. The first 5 cast members I clicked on had no other acting credits. Wow. It is a little troubling that your comment suggests that you have actually watched this epic.

8. Caught Looking - Feb 18, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Manny is quickly becoming an updated version of Jose Canseco.

You’re done. There is no MLB team that will give you consideration.

9. 4cornersfan - Feb 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Tan, rested and ready for Spring Training.

10. jimmyt - Feb 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM

That stat is just as big of a joke as all the other cheaters stats. It means nothing.

Papelbon destined to be traded?
  1. G. Stanton (3747)