Feb 18, 2014, 8:54 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Red Sox are engaged in negotiations with free agent left-hander Chris Capuano. Rosenthal says Boston’s front office is looking at Capuano as a potential swingman — somebody who would pitch primarily in relief but could also be available for some spot starts.
Capuano registered a 4.26 ERA and 81/24 K/BB ratio across 105 2/3 innings (20 starts and four relief appearances) last season for the Dodgers. He has held left-handed batters to a .231/.288/.331 slash line for his career and left-handed batters hit just .248/.274/.292 against him in 2013.
Capuano, 35, has also been linked to the Mariners, Marlins, and White Sox this offseason.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)