Feb 18, 2014, 8:54 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Red Sox are engaged in negotiations with free agent left-hander Chris Capuano. Rosenthal says Boston’s front office is looking at Capuano as a potential swingman — somebody who would pitch primarily in relief but could also be available for some spot starts.
Capuano registered a 4.26 ERA and 81/24 K/BB ratio across 105 2/3 innings (20 starts and four relief appearances) last season for the Dodgers. He has held left-handed batters to a .231/.288/.331 slash line for his career and left-handed batters hit just .248/.274/.292 against him in 2013.
Capuano, 35, has also been linked to the Mariners, Marlins, and White Sox this offseason.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 52
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (87)