Feb 18, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Today’s Stephen Drew update: Mike Puma of the New York Post reporting that it’s “clear” that Scott Boras still wants Stephen Drew to get at least $14 million this season. It’s likewise clear that the Mets aren’t going to give him that. Nor is anyone else for that matter.
The qualifying offer/draft pick compensation system is dumb and is hurting the free agent market. But it’s also the setup right now and, within that setup, it looks like Boras and Drew miscalculated. He shoulda taken the $14.1 million and gone back to the Red Sox.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)