Feb 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Travis Snider‘s toe is doing well, but another minor scrape will keep him from throwing for a day or two. Snider cut a finger on his left hand while chopping a sweet potato and has a bandage on the tip of the finger.
There are way worse things with which to injure oneself while cutting. Sweet potatoes are tasty and nutritious. If this were, say, a block of Velveeta or one of those summer sausages or something it’d put Snider in a way worse light.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)