Feb 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Travis Snider‘s toe is doing well, but another minor scrape will keep him from throwing for a day or two. Snider cut a finger on his left hand while chopping a sweet potato and has a bandage on the tip of the finger.
There are way worse things with which to injure oneself while cutting. Sweet potatoes are tasty and nutritious. If this were, say, a block of Velveeta or one of those summer sausages or something it’d put Snider in a way worse light.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 14
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 47
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)