Feb 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Travis Snider‘s toe is doing well, but another minor scrape will keep him from throwing for a day or two. Snider cut a finger on his left hand while chopping a sweet potato and has a bandage on the tip of the finger.
There are way worse things with which to injure oneself while cutting. Sweet potatoes are tasty and nutritious. If this were, say, a block of Velveeta or one of those summer sausages or something it’d put Snider in a way worse light.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)