Feb 18, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Travis Snider‘s toe is doing well, but another minor scrape will keep him from throwing for a day or two. Snider cut a finger on his left hand while chopping a sweet potato and has a bandage on the tip of the finger.
There are way worse things with which to injure oneself while cutting. Sweet potatoes are tasty and nutritious. If this were, say, a block of Velveeta or one of those summer sausages or something it’d put Snider in a way worse light.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 19
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 109
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)