Feb 18, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Just more awful fortune for Mat Gamel.
The Braves have released him, reports David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Gamel — who was at one time slated to be the starting first baseman for the Brewers — has had two ACL surgeries and apparently reinjured his knee last week during personal workouts.
Gamel was a top prospect for years, took too long to get it together at the major league level, and since them just hasn’t been able to catch a break. I’d be shocked if we saw him play in the majors again.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)