Feb 18, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Why not? He’s a lefty who was somewhat serviceable last year, going 4-7 with a 4.26 ERA for the Dodgers despite the fact that he had multiple injuries and ailments. The Dodgers still had faith enough in him to put him on the postseason roster. In 2012 he finished with a 3.72 over 33 starts.
Earlier this winter he said he wanted a two-year deal. Bet the Mariners can get him pretty cheaply now that camps have opened.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17