Feb 18, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Why not? He’s a lefty who was somewhat serviceable last year, going 4-7 with a 4.26 ERA for the Dodgers despite the fact that he had multiple injuries and ailments. The Dodgers still had faith enough in him to put him on the postseason roster. In 2012 he finished with a 3.72 over 33 starts.
Earlier this winter he said he wanted a two-year deal. Bet the Mariners can get him pretty cheaply now that camps have opened.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)