Feb 18, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Why not? He’s a lefty who was somewhat serviceable last year, going 4-7 with a 4.26 ERA for the Dodgers despite the fact that he had multiple injuries and ailments. The Dodgers still had faith enough in him to put him on the postseason roster. In 2012 he finished with a 3.72 over 33 starts.
Earlier this winter he said he wanted a two-year deal. Bet the Mariners can get him pretty cheaply now that camps have opened.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 0
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 54
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 36
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)