Feb 18, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Why not? He’s a lefty who was somewhat serviceable last year, going 4-7 with a 4.26 ERA for the Dodgers despite the fact that he had multiple injuries and ailments. The Dodgers still had faith enough in him to put him on the postseason roster. In 2012 he finished with a 3.72 over 33 starts.
Earlier this winter he said he wanted a two-year deal. Bet the Mariners can get him pretty cheaply now that camps have opened.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)