Feb 19, 2014, 12:54 PM EDT
Carlos Ruiz was suspended for 25 games for using a stimulant at the start of last season. They never said what the substance was he was using, but it’s reported today that he has received an exemption for Adderall — which would otherwise be banned — for the 2014 season.
Makes one wonder why he didn’t get the exemption before. And makes one think again about how much more overrepresented ADHD diagnosis are among baseball players than among the population at large.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 7
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 15
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 87
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)