Feb 19, 2014, 8:32 AM EDT
After only four days off, a noticeably trim Maldonado reported for duty at Maryvale Baseball Park.
“Not that I was overweight last year, but I wanted to come into camp ready,” Maldonado said. “I feel like I’m in the best shape of my life since I signed.”
Twenty-six pounds. Not bad, Martin.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)