Feb 19, 2014, 8:32 AM EDT
After only four days off, a noticeably trim Maldonado reported for duty at Maryvale Baseball Park.
“Not that I was overweight last year, but I wanted to come into camp ready,” Maldonado said. “I feel like I’m in the best shape of my life since I signed.”
Twenty-six pounds. Not bad, Martin.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)