Feb 19, 2014, 8:54 PM EDT
Good news Wednesday out of Indians camp …
Michael Bourn told reporters, including Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, that his surgically-repaired left hamstring feels “100 percent” healthy. He had that hamstring surgery in mid-October after injuring himself during the Tribe’s American League Wild Card Game loss to the Rays.
Bourn may be held out of the first few games on the Indians’ Cactus League schedule as a precautionary measure, but he should have zero restrictions by the middle of March and is certain to be in Cleveland’s starting lineup on Opening Day as long as he avoids another physical setback.
Bourn posted a weak .263/.316/.360 batting line in 2013 and finished with his lowest stolen base total (23) since he became a full-time major leaguer. The 31-year-old outfielder signed a four-year, $48 million free agent contract with the Indians last winter and will be looking to bounce back in 2014.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)