Feb 19, 2014, 9:09 AM EDT
We saw this coming last week, but now it’s official:
MLB lawyers filed a one-sentence notice of withdrawal in Florida state court in Miami on Tuesday, ending the litigation against Bosch and five of his Biogenesis associates and effectively closing one of the most contentious chapters in baseball history.
Such a bad precedent. Now outsiders can breach Major League Baseball’s contracts with impunity! Hell, I’m going to go breach the CBA and JDA right now, and I bet MLB doesn’t have the stones to sue me to stop it! Just you watch!
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)