Feb 20, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Bryce Harper famously ran into that wall in Dodger Stadium last year, which ended up sidetracking his whole season. Tom Boswell has a feature on Harper today, in which Harper acknowledges that one can play hard yet still play smart. And that, no, he does not plan to be known for running into walls like that.
Oh, and he’s a bit tired of everyone mentioning the wall thing:
“Shoot, every single day I went into therapy, somebody said, ‘Hey, don’t run into a wall,’ ” Harper said. “And, yeah, dummy, you don’t walk across the street when there’s cars coming.”
I love the use of “dummy.” Who says “dummy” anymore? That’s fantastic.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17