Feb 20, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Bryce Harper famously ran into that wall in Dodger Stadium last year, which ended up sidetracking his whole season. Tom Boswell has a feature on Harper today, in which Harper acknowledges that one can play hard yet still play smart. And that, no, he does not plan to be known for running into walls like that.
Oh, and he’s a bit tired of everyone mentioning the wall thing:
“Shoot, every single day I went into therapy, somebody said, ‘Hey, don’t run into a wall,’ ” Harper said. “And, yeah, dummy, you don’t walk across the street when there’s cars coming.”
I love the use of “dummy.” Who says “dummy” anymore? That’s fantastic.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27