Matt Kemp still doesn’t have a timetable

Feb 20, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT

Matt Kemp Getty Getty Images

There’s a reason the Dodgers didn’t trade one of their four outfielders this winter. They don’t know when they’ll actually have four healthy outfielders. To wit: yesterday Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said he still doesn’t have a timetable for Matt Kemp in his return from ankle surgery.

“I wish I could give you a timetable but I don’t know it,” Mattingly said. “I read the reports of him doing a little bit more, a higher speed on the ultra-g (treadmill). But as far as getting out here and running, what’s the date? I don’t have that. That’s kind of depending on what the doctors say.”
Kemp has had multiple MRIs, but his status is still unclear. At this point, it’s hard to see Kemp being ready for the opener.
  1. El Pollo Loco - Feb 20, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Darren Dreifort wants to know why this guys so fragile

2. stex52 - Feb 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I drafted him for my Fantasy team last year. Thought I got a steal. I won’t make that mistake this year.

• historiophiliac - Feb 20, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Boooo!!!!!

• stex52 - Feb 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Love the guy. He’s a class act. But it’s just like the big leagues. He doesn’t perform; he gets cut. I have a feeling he will still be there for a bargain in the free agents after we finish the draft. We’re a tough, mean group.

• historiophiliac - Feb 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I wonder what a predominately Oklahoma team would get you…

• mick2014 - Feb 20, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Ever since MK signed for the $100+ million he became a BUM! I bet if he was a free agent he would be healthy & ready to put up career numbers, MLB should only give out 1 yr contracts.

3. nsauser - Feb 20, 2014 at 11:46 AM

It’s hard to be rehabbing when you spend your time in the club!

4. yordo - Feb 20, 2014 at 12:49 PM

This guy was so healthy and productive before Biogenesis closed.

• bigleagues - Feb 20, 2014 at 2:45 PM

/\
      !!
      !!
      !!
      !!
      TROLL ALERT!

5. John Young - Feb 20, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Reblogged this on Transparent Christina.

6. foreverchipper10 - Feb 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Could he be on the same path that Grady Sizemore took?

7. alwaysaharley33 - Feb 21, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Matt Kemp get well, and when you return make all the haters recognize!!!

Bo Porter just first casualty around MLB