Feb 20, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
On the one hand, dude, you’re 22, you had better be in The Best Shape of Your Life. Indeed, there has been some talk in BSOHL circles that we should disqualify everyone under, say, 30, from BSHOL consideration.
On the other hand, well, he said it:
Trout checked into camp last spring weighing 241, ended the season at 238 and has checked in this year at 235.
“I feel great,” he said. “Best shape I’ve ever been in.”
If he felt something less-than-great the past two seasons, boy howdy, 2014 is gonna be scary.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 17
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)