Feb 20, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
On the one hand, dude, you’re 22, you had better be in The Best Shape of Your Life. Indeed, there has been some talk in BSOHL circles that we should disqualify everyone under, say, 30, from BSHOL consideration.
On the other hand, well, he said it:
Trout checked into camp last spring weighing 241, ended the season at 238 and has checked in this year at 235.
“I feel great,” he said. “Best shape I’ve ever been in.”
If he felt something less-than-great the past two seasons, boy howdy, 2014 is gonna be scary.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)