Feb 20, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
On the one hand, dude, you’re 22, you had better be in The Best Shape of Your Life. Indeed, there has been some talk in BSOHL circles that we should disqualify everyone under, say, 30, from BSHOL consideration.
On the other hand, well, he said it:
Trout checked into camp last spring weighing 241, ended the season at 238 and has checked in this year at 235.
“I feel great,” he said. “Best shape I’ve ever been in.”
If he felt something less-than-great the past two seasons, boy howdy, 2014 is gonna be scary.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)