Feb 20, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
On the one hand, dude, you’re 22, you had better be in The Best Shape of Your Life. Indeed, there has been some talk in BSOHL circles that we should disqualify everyone under, say, 30, from BSHOL consideration.
On the other hand, well, he said it:
Trout checked into camp last spring weighing 241, ended the season at 238 and has checked in this year at 235.
“I feel great,” he said. “Best shape I’ve ever been in.”
If he felt something less-than-great the past two seasons, boy howdy, 2014 is gonna be scary.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 7
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)