Feb 20, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
On the one hand, dude, you’re 22, you had better be in The Best Shape of Your Life. Indeed, there has been some talk in BSOHL circles that we should disqualify everyone under, say, 30, from BSHOL consideration.
On the other hand, well, he said it:
Trout checked into camp last spring weighing 241, ended the season at 238 and has checked in this year at 235.
“I feel great,” he said. “Best shape I’ve ever been in.”
If he felt something less-than-great the past two seasons, boy howdy, 2014 is gonna be scary.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)