Feb 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
From the police blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Boston Red Sox Minor League pitcher Francisco Tena has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Tena, who is currently on the Club’s Dominican Summer League roster, will be effective at the start of the DSL season.
Don’t do drugs, mmm-kay?
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)