Feb 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
From the police blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Boston Red Sox Minor League pitcher Francisco Tena has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Tena, who is currently on the Club’s Dominican Summer League roster, will be effective at the start of the DSL season.
Don’t do drugs, mmm-kay?
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)