Red Sox Minor Leaguer suspended

Feb 20, 2014, 4:30 PM EST

syringe

From the police blotter:

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Boston Red Sox Minor League pitcher Francisco Tena has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Tena, who is currently on the Club’s Dominican Summer League roster, will be effective at the start of the DSL season.

Don’t do drugs, mmm-kay?

1. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Feb 20, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Francisco Tena is the worst thing to happen to baseball since…blah blah blah. You know what? I’m over it at this point.

2. thebadguyswon - Feb 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM

OH MY GOD!!!! What am I going to do with my Tena jersey now?! Dammit, Frankie!! How could you?

3. yousuxxors - Feb 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM

OMG HE DID PEDS WHY ISNT HE A HOF ALREADY?

4. deathmonkey41 - Feb 20, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Apparently Big Papi isn’t mentoring these young guys…

• tfbuckfutter - Feb 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I was going to come in here and mock the notion that some jackass would make a David Ortiz comment.

Unfortunately you are quick for a jackass.

• historiophiliac - Feb 20, 2014 at 8:22 PM

So I’m too late?

• tfbuckfutter - Feb 20, 2014 at 8:41 PM

You’re three hours slower than dummy up there.

That is much much too late.

• vivabear - Feb 20, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I guess this will put an end to all those who say no Red Sox players ever get caught and/or are above suspicion. /sarcasm

• therooneyskilledwebster - Feb 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I think that makes the “busted” NY Backacnees to Sox ratio about 7:1.

• deathmonkey41 - Feb 21, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I think that’s what happens when you assign someone who is a chairman of the Red Sox to the head the steroid investigation…

5. kevinbnyc - Feb 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Did anyone else notice that the Braves minor leaguer who got suspended was the only one not to get the syringe picture treatment? Way to be impartial, Craig.

• jwbiii - Feb 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM

That was Bill Baer’s story. With years of hard work and dedication, maybe you can achieve imbecility. I’ll bet the under.

• kevinbnyc - Feb 20, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Ha, didn’t remember who it was. But your meter is broken, jackass.

• jwbiii - Feb 21, 2014 at 3:47 AM

I change batteries at Christmas and July 4th. I have tools to test their accuracy. I don’t think I am the jackass in this conversation.

6. ggallin4evr - Feb 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM

If he needed drugs to make it in the Dominican league, he probably isn’t good enough for a company softball team.

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (5016)