Feb 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
A couple of weeks ago Dan Shaughnessy said this about David Ortiz‘s desire for a contract extension:
I guess the Red Sox feel differently about it because John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the team and David Ortiz have opened discussions regarding a contract extension.
Ortiz will make $15 million in this final year of his current deal. He went on record last month saying that he wanted an extension for 2015 at a similar rate. Tomase suggests that the Red Sox are willing to do that and may even add a vesting option for 2016.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 28
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 102
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32