Feb 21, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Alfonso Soriano could join Derek Jeter in retirement following the end of the upcoming baseball season.
“It depends on how I feel,’’ Soriano said when asked by The Post if he wants to continue playing. “If I am healthy I will play [in 2015]. If not, I will let it go. It depends how I feel.’’
He’s not quite Jeter, obviously. His farewell tour will feature him getting gifts sort of like the ones you give your younger kid on your older kid’s birthday so the younger one doesn’t feel left out. A small game or a puzzle, perhaps. Maybe a little Lego set.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 133
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39