Feb 21, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Alfonso Soriano could join Derek Jeter in retirement following the end of the upcoming baseball season.
“It depends on how I feel,’’ Soriano said when asked by The Post if he wants to continue playing. “If I am healthy I will play [in 2015]. If not, I will let it go. It depends how I feel.’’
He’s not quite Jeter, obviously. His farewell tour will feature him getting gifts sort of like the ones you give your younger kid on your older kid’s birthday so the younger one doesn’t feel left out. A small game or a puzzle, perhaps. Maybe a little Lego set.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120