Feb 21, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
Reporters at A’s camp are raving about and taking pictures of the double batting cages Bob Melvin and crew are deploying in Phoenix today:
Double cages in use with batters in each: pic.twitter.com/PZZhRqo6nY
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) February 21, 2014
That is cool. It’s rather gobsmacking to me that no one had thought of that before. Or, at the very least, hadn’t used it recently. It seems kind of obvious.
Not that I thought of it. Or you either. I’m sure there’s some saying about genius being the stuff that, the moment we’re presented with it, suddenly seems obvious.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)