Feb 21, 2014, 1:14 PM EST
Reporters at A’s camp are raving about and taking pictures of the double batting cages Bob Melvin and crew are deploying in Phoenix today:
Double cages in use with batters in each: pic.twitter.com/PZZhRqo6nY
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) February 21, 2014
That is cool. It’s rather gobsmacking to me that no one had thought of that before. Or, at the very least, hadn’t used it recently. It seems kind of obvious.
Not that I thought of it. Or you either. I’m sure there’s some saying about genius being the stuff that, the moment we’re presented with it, suddenly seems obvious.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40