Feb 21, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
When the skinny CC Sabathia pics started circulating a few weeks ago I thought to myself “yeah, he looks slim now, but put him in that big baggy uniform and he’ll probably be a lot closer to what we usually see.” Most players are like that. Miguel Cabrera was that way even after losing a lot of weight a couple years ago, for example. Fact is, we’re used to seeing these guys in big uniforms with multiple layers, so skinny offseason pics of guys in street clothes are often misleading.
But nope, not with CC Sabathia:
— New York Yankees (@Yankees) February 21, 2014
I am truly looking forward to seeing him pitch this season. Really wondering how the weight loss will affect him.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)