Feb 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Last week, it was reported that the Dodgers were close to signing Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarruena. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is reporting that an agreement has been reached — a five year, $25 million deal, including a $7.5 million signing bonus.
Arruebarruena defected from Cuba in November. He has a reputation as a defensive maven, but still needs a lot of work on his offense.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)