Feb 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Last week, it was reported that the Dodgers were close to signing Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarruena. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is reporting that an agreement has been reached — a five year, $25 million deal, including a $7.5 million signing bonus.
Arruebarruena defected from Cuba in November. He has a reputation as a defensive maven, but still needs a lot of work on his offense.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 157
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (157)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (95)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)