Feb 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Last week, it was reported that the Dodgers were close to signing Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarruena. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is reporting that an agreement has been reached — a five year, $25 million deal, including a $7.5 million signing bonus.
Arruebarruena defected from Cuba in November. He has a reputation as a defensive maven, but still needs a lot of work on his offense.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)