Feb 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Last week, it was reported that the Dodgers were close to signing Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarruena. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is reporting that an agreement has been reached — a five year, $25 million deal, including a $7.5 million signing bonus.
Arruebarruena defected from Cuba in November. He has a reputation as a defensive maven, but still needs a lot of work on his offense.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11