Feb 21, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
Along with reports this morning that the Orioles are still interested in Ervin Santana even after signing Ubaldo Jimenez, now Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that they’re also “intensifying their interest” in free agent first baseman Kendrys Morales.
Now that the Orioles have already lost their first-round draft pick to sign Jimenez the prospect of losing later draft picks for other free agents isn’t as costly. Their next draft pick to lose is 54th overall.
According to Connolly the switch-hitter is now willing to take a two-year deal–perhaps with an opt-out clause after this season–after previously wanting four or five years.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)