Feb 21, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
It’s getting ugly and scary in Venezuela. People have taken to the streets leading to deadly clashes between protesters and police. Watching such things from the United States has to be difficult for Venezuelan players.
Omar Vizquel and the Tigers’ Venezuelan players tweeted out this pic in solidarity this morning:
Desde aqui todos unidos por Venezuela pic.twitter.com/IT03KIbwqv
— Omar Vizquel (@VizquelOmar13) February 21, 2014
Historically, not all Venezuelan players have fallen on the same side of the recent, prevalent political debates which we hear about in the United States. But now that violence is gripping their homeland, you have to figure that those differences seem secondary.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54