Feb 21, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
It’s getting ugly and scary in Venezuela. People have taken to the streets leading to deadly clashes between protesters and police. Watching such things from the United States has to be difficult for Venezuelan players.
Omar Vizquel and the Tigers’ Venezuelan players tweeted out this pic in solidarity this morning:
Desde aqui todos unidos por Venezuela pic.twitter.com/IT03KIbwqv
— Omar Vizquel (@VizquelOmar13) February 21, 2014
Historically, not all Venezuelan players have fallen on the same side of the recent, prevalent political debates which we hear about in the United States. But now that violence is gripping their homeland, you have to figure that those differences seem secondary.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)