Feb 21, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Trouble in Puig-a-dise? Mark Saxson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Yasiel is a little too big for his britches. Literally:
Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly acknowledged the team has some concerns about Yasiel Puig‘s conditioning. Mattingly said Puig showed up at camp weighing 251 pounds, 26 more than he weighed at the end of the regular season.
Mattingly said he didn’t think it’d be a problem, but oof, even if you are a big exciting star, you can’t show up to camp fat.
Can’t wait until Plaschke’s column tomorrow: “Too much fast driving. Too much fast food. Maybe the Dodgers were too fast to make Yasiel Puig the face of the franchise.”
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)