Feb 21, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Trouble in Puig-a-dise? Mark Saxson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Yasiel is a little too big for his britches. Literally:
Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly acknowledged the team has some concerns about Yasiel Puig‘s conditioning. Mattingly said Puig showed up at camp weighing 251 pounds, 26 more than he weighed at the end of the regular season.
Mattingly said he didn’t think it’d be a problem, but oof, even if you are a big exciting star, you can’t show up to camp fat.
Can’t wait until Plaschke’s column tomorrow: “Too much fast driving. Too much fast food. Maybe the Dodgers were too fast to make Yasiel Puig the face of the franchise.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)