Feb 22, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
Colvin previously agreed to a major league contract with the Orioles in January, but the deal was nixed after the team raised concerns about a back condition during the pre-signing physical. It was reported earlier this week that Colvin could still end up with Baltimore, presumably on a minor league deal, but he has opted to go elsewhere.
Colvin spent most of last season with the Rockies’ Triple-A affiliate and struggled during his brief time in the majors, but he shown some pop in the past. He’ll provide some outfield depth for San Francisco.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 18
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)