Feb 22, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
Colvin previously agreed to a major league contract with the Orioles in January, but the deal was nixed after the team raised concerns about a back condition during the pre-signing physical. It was reported earlier this week that Colvin could still end up with Baltimore, presumably on a minor league deal, but he has opted to go elsewhere.
Colvin spent most of last season with the Rockies’ Triple-A affiliate and struggled during his brief time in the majors, but he shown some pop in the past. He’ll provide some outfield depth for San Francisco.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)