Feb 22, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
Colvin previously agreed to a major league contract with the Orioles in January, but the deal was nixed after the team raised concerns about a back condition during the pre-signing physical. It was reported earlier this week that Colvin could still end up with Baltimore, presumably on a minor league deal, but he has opted to go elsewhere.
Colvin spent most of last season with the Rockies’ Triple-A affiliate and struggled during his brief time in the majors, but he shown some pop in the past. He’ll provide some outfield depth for San Francisco.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 25
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 57
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)