Feb 22, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
Colvin previously agreed to a major league contract with the Orioles in January, but the deal was nixed after the team raised concerns about a back condition during the pre-signing physical. It was reported earlier this week that Colvin could still end up with Baltimore, presumably on a minor league deal, but he has opted to go elsewhere.
Colvin spent most of last season with the Rockies’ Triple-A affiliate and struggled during his brief time in the majors, but he shown some pop in the past. He’ll provide some outfield depth for San Francisco.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)