Feb 22, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
Colvin previously agreed to a major league contract with the Orioles in January, but the deal was nixed after the team raised concerns about a back condition during the pre-signing physical. It was reported earlier this week that Colvin could still end up with Baltimore, presumably on a minor league deal, but he has opted to go elsewhere.
Colvin spent most of last season with the Rockies’ Triple-A affiliate and struggled during his brief time in the majors, but he shown some pop in the past. He’ll provide some outfield depth for San Francisco.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)