Feb 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
The slugger has an invite, a ride and a reason to attend the 86th Academy Awards in Los Angeles, but he wouldn’t go if the team has an issue. Dunn said Monday that manager Robin Ventura has spoken with him about the trip, but Dunn hasn’t made up his mind.
Dunn is part of the production company Truth Entertainment that helped to create “Dallas Buyers Club,” which is nominated for six Oscars, including Best Picture. Matthew McConaughey is up for Best Actor, and Jared Leto is nominated for Best Supporting Actor. Dunn has two scenes but no lines in the movie that also is up for Best Original Screenplay as well as achievements in hair and makeup and editing.
I tried to think of a decent joke here about Dunn’s walks/strikeouts/homers approach at the plate and the Oscars, but all I could come up with was something about how they won’t have to hire a seat-filler for him because he’s so patient. Is that funny? It doesn’t seem funny to me. Anyway. Adam Dunn at the Oscars!
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)