Feb 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
The slugger has an invite, a ride and a reason to attend the 86th Academy Awards in Los Angeles, but he wouldn’t go if the team has an issue. Dunn said Monday that manager Robin Ventura has spoken with him about the trip, but Dunn hasn’t made up his mind.
Dunn is part of the production company Truth Entertainment that helped to create “Dallas Buyers Club,” which is nominated for six Oscars, including Best Picture. Matthew McConaughey is up for Best Actor, and Jared Leto is nominated for Best Supporting Actor. Dunn has two scenes but no lines in the movie that also is up for Best Original Screenplay as well as achievements in hair and makeup and editing.
I tried to think of a decent joke here about Dunn’s walks/strikeouts/homers approach at the plate and the Oscars, but all I could come up with was something about how they won’t have to hire a seat-filler for him because he’s so patient. Is that funny? It doesn’t seem funny to me. Anyway. Adam Dunn at the Oscars!
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)